Every gardener dreams to make his garden pest-free and weed-free. There is possibility that you can achieve this via effective organic pest control. Does this mean that you no longer have to spend a lot of money on commercial pesticides? This is attainable if you are able to create the natural pest control product in the confines of your home.
Organic pest control can be made within your own capabilities. You just have to factor out if you can bear the smell, fumes and heat of your product. If you create one with a very strong scent, you will repel the insects. You then can depend on some natural pest control materials like fish, garlic, tobacco and other foul smelling objects as ingredient. Some plants can be depended upon to kill unfavorable insects with their scent. Plants can expel scented oil; example is mint.
Here are some recipes for your organic pest control that make use of some materials from your kitchen pantry.
Organic pest control recipe No.1 – use of garlic
You can make organic pest control pesticide with garlic as main ingredient. Here are two recipes.
• The recipe calls for 3 to 4 ounces of garlic bulbs. Chop these then soak them in one day in 2 tablespoons of mineral oil. Mix into the garlic liquid a tablespoon of fish emulsion which has been dissolved in a pint of water. Strain the mixture then dilute in water in a 1:20 proportion, 1 part garlic solution to 20 parts water. This organic pesticide solution is good in eliminating aphids and flies.
• This second recipe calls for 1 head garlic, 1 tablespoon bleach-less dish soap, 2 tablespoons mineral or vegetable oil and 2 cups water. For the procedure, peel the garlic first. Puree together the garlic, oil and water. Set the mixture overnight before you strain it. Add the soap to the garlic mixture, mix thoroughly, pour in a bottle then spray on the pests.
Recipe No. 2 – use of hot peppers
You will make use of hot peppers for another two recipes. Remember that the hotter the pepper, the better is your resulting organic pest control spray.
• The ingredients are 2 cups water, 2 tablespoon dish soap and ½ cup chopped hot peppers. With water, puree the peppers then let the pureed peppers sit overnight. Strain the pureed pepper, mix in the soap then shake well. Place the mixture in a spray bottle and use.
• In 1 quart water, mix two tablespoons hot pepper sauce or cayenne pepper and a few drops of liquid ivory soap. Let the mixture sit overnight, shake well and pour the mixture in a spray bottle and use as needed.
Recipe No. 3 – use of vegetable or mineral oil
Here are additional two recipes using vegetable or mineral oil. These natural pest control recipes are suitable in killing soft-bodied insects like mites, mealy bugs and aphids. The solution will suffocate the insects.
• In a quart of water, mix one tablespoon canola oil and a few drops of liquid ivory soap, Shake and pour in spray bottle. Spray up and above the plant and also under the leaves.
• Combine 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon bleach-less dish soap and 2 quarts of water. Combine all the ingredients, pour in a spray bottle and use to kill the bugs.
There are other useable ingredients for your organic pest control repellent like onion and salt. You can also make use of milk as fungicide. You have to use these pesticides only on affected plants and never on healthy ones otherwise you can cause damage on the plants you aim to protect.